TenantsHelping our tenants to be happy in their home...
Your offer on a rental property has been accepted, great news, we’re really looking forward to helping you move in to your new home. Here’s what happens now:
We have just sent you an invoice for the reservation/reference fee. Once paid, we will stop all viewings. Note: This is non-refundable fee if you withdraw or fail references. If the landlord withdraws, the full fee will be returned back to you. Please pay the reservation/reference fee as soon as possible to avoid any other offers being made.
We will send you a link to click and complete your online reference forms.
Once all the required information is completed, we will then start the references. References usually take 5-10 working days depending on how quickly your referees respond.
Once you have passed references, the tenancy is then confirmed and a start/move in date agreed. This is also when your 6 week deposit and first months rent in-advance becomes payable. We will need 3-5 working days to draw up the tenancy paperwork which will then be sent to you to review and sign electronically.
If your tenancy is managed by us, our inventory and check in clerk will be in touch with you to arrange a time on the move in day to meet you at the property and go over it’s condition and take meters reading etc.
Before the tenancy can start, we will need to see original copies of the ID you supplied in step number 2 above and also a screen grab of online banking to show the standing order has been set up for the ongoing rent payment.
BANK DETAILS TO PAY RENT IN TO
Bank Name: Lloyds
Sort code: 306782
Account Number: 33855560
Reference: Your surname
24/7, 365 management
Happy tenants stay long. FACT. That’s why we’re on hand 24/7, 365 to deal with any issues you may have.
Single point of contact
You’ll be assigned your own personal property manager who will handle every aspect of your tenancy from start to finish
Always here to help
We want you to have an amazing tie with us…
A few things to NOTE:
Upon paying the reservation fee, you agree to the following
- Your combined household income of all tenants is 30 x the monthly rent
- You have no adverse credit history
- You have been in the UK for at least 3 months
- You are not currently in the process of changing jobs
- You are NOT currently on a probation period at your current job
- If after referencing it is deemed that you need a guarantor due to any of the reasons noted above, we cannot guarantee that the landlord will be prepared to proceed and in this instance your £300.00 referencing fee is non refundable. If the landlord does agree, the £75.00 guarantor reference fee needs to be paid into the account details above before we can start the references
Tenants Liability Insurance:
It is a requirement to ensure you have sufficient Tenants Liability Insurance cover before your tenancy starts. Cover starts from £5.17 per month and gives you COMPLETE peace of mind that you will receive your full deposit back upon check out. It is also there to ensure the landlord’s property is maintained during the tenancy. You are welcome to source your own supplier, however we recommend Blinc and more information can be found by CLICKING HERE and ensure you mention Power Bespoke when you call to get preferential rates.
Other possible charges during your tenancy:
We operate an open and transparent approach towards our fees and charges (there is no small print or nasty surprises). With this in mind, below are the only charges you will or may incur in future:
- Tenancy extension fee: £90 (per tenant)
- Guarantor reference (if needed) £75 (please note that we are only able to reference 1 guarantor per ‘tenancy’ as opposed to per tenant)
- Late rent fee £30
- End of tenancy check out fee: £180
- Missed contractor/inspection visit appointments: £60
If your tenancy does not go ahead due to the landlord withdrawing you will be refunded the full holding fee within 9 days by bank transfer. If you fail references or withdraw, the holding fee is non-refundable.